Protect Your Teeth from Dental Cavities
A dental sealant is a clear, plastic material applied to the outside of the tooth. Sealants protect your teeth from dental decay and help prevent dental cavities.
Many patients choose dental sealants for their convenience and satisfying results.
- Effective at preventing cavities. Dental sealants can protect your teeth from dental decay. They are highly recommended for molars in the back of your mouth that may be hard to reach with a toothbrush.
- Invisible to everyone but your dentist. Sealants are clear and won’t be noticed by anyone but a trained dental care specialist.
- Easily applied. Sealants can be applied to your teeth in one easy appointment. No waiting and no hassle.
- Long-lasting. Dental sealants are very durable and can last up to ten years before they need to be re-applied.
- Saves dental costs in the near and future
- Better dental health in adulthood
- Comfortable procedure
Sealants act as a barrier, protecting the teeth against decay-causing bacteria. The sealants are usually applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth (premolars and molars) where decay frequently occurs most. We believe that sealants are very important, especially for children. They are generally applied between age 6 and 12, when the permanent molars and pre-molars are erupting. Sealants are a safe and good protection to prevent cavities.
Sealants are a great option for you and your entire family. Some patients do not agree to sealants if they are not covered by their insurance. We feel that the out of pocket expense of sealants is minimal when talking about fighting against decay, possible future fillings, and the cost involved.
At SEC Dentistry in Franklin, TN, we pride ourselves on the personal and comprehensive care we provide for our patients. Whether you’re new to our office or one of our long-term patients, we make your satisfaction our top priority. To learn more about dental sealants or to schedule an appointment with us. Call today!